The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Wednesday February 14, 2018 at 22:55
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
The problem with some of the enclosures is they are big. Too big for some TVs to hide. I recently used one of the midlite power kits, which has a similar box as the Arlington above. We may start using one of those two. But I gave up trying to lock down final decisions during rough-in.

I now figure out the approximate top of where the TV will be, assuming the TV will be a 65” in a main viewing room, 55” in the master, and something around a 50” in other bedrooms. Main viewing rooms I bring the TVs down as low as possible, in a perfect world center of the screen would be 40”, but if I can get the bottom that low I’ll take it. Bedrooms go high. Tops of the TV maybe in line with doors and windows. People watch these from laying positions. Then I come down about 3” from that point, and bam, that’s the top of the box. Most of the time we use a low voltage add on box and snap it on the side of the electrician’s outlet. This setup keeps the boxes so that if someone decides they don’t want a tv in a room, art work can easily cover the outlet. And if they do put a TV in, pretty much any mount will work. And, if you have a problem after the TV is up, you can easily access the cords and plugs without taking the TV down.

The hardest part is figuring out, it ain’t rocket science and works best if you leave some room for variation between planning and installing.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse