The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Wednesday February 14, 2018 at 20:33
Grasshopper
Long Time Member
May 2016
On February 14, 2018 at 19:51, edizzle said...
you would ALWAYS want to nail up the LV box on the opposite STUD in the same cavity!!!!!!! not the opposite side of the stud. this allows a flush enclosure style box like the snap 8x14, chief PAC, AI, etc to be cut in and have your LV and power in the same enclosure. also we NEVER nail any box on other side of a single stud PERIOD. it looks like shit that close together. my guys have to nail up at least one block to space it out.

If you could share a picture of such a setup that'd be great. I'm sure you make a great point, but it's just not something I've encountered...I don't think we've used the same style "enclosure." If it's a better way to do it, I'd love to see it because it could make our work better. As far as looking like...wait, cuss words are allowed on here now? Well anyway, if it's hidden behind a tv...I'm not excusing sloppy work in any way, but I don't get how two single gang boxes next to each other, symmetrically, looks bad. So far as I know, we've never had a complaint about such a thing from a client. I have seen photos of other people's work on here and said to myself "wow, that looks really good, better than things we've done." The enclosure behind a tv, to be cut in, thing is honestly foreign to me. A visual representation might make more sense to me. I do appreciate your input! Lord knows I could learn a lot from a lot of people!

J
Everyone should learn something new every day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse