Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Friday January 26, 2018 at 10:51
Audiophiliac
August 2006
The reason most of these are targeted towards kids is that when our kids are annoying the hell out of us, we hand them the tablet and let them go nuts. We only have YT Kids on there, so they are safe, but this is the crap they sit and watch and watch and watch and watch....until we pry the thing out of their cold dead hands.

I make my kids go outside and play in the dirt sometimes instead. It is good for them. :) But yeah, you can watch a lot of stupid videos in 2 or 3 hours on YT kids of dummies doing dumb stuff. I guess I need to get a go-pro and set it up to record my kids' reactions to the videos they are watching, and put those up and cash in. That is the kind of mindless stupidity is out there for kids.

There is plenty of useful stuff out there for adults. I have a handful of subscriptions to some informative channels that get updated maybe once a week. I understand YT sells ads. But who watches them? Most of them have a "Skip" option after 5 seconds. Not sure who does not skip them, but apparently enough people are watching the ads to make it worthwhile. Maybe the kids videos have ads that kids watch thinking it is just part of the show.
"When I eat, it is the food that is scared." - Ron Swanson

Hosting Services by ipHouse