The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11,141 made on Saturday January 20, 2018 at 23:27
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On January 20, 2018 at 21:59, Hertz said...
Today we removed a Sony G90 projector. Thank god the ceiling was only 8 feet high and it was by the riser so we could just lift it off the mount.

Even then holy crap it was heavy.

About 10 years ago i went out to pick up a big DWIN by myself. Basement with 8' drop ceiling. I put a moving blanket on the floor and removed the bolts and lifted it off the mount and walked it down a 6' ladder to the floor. I used the moving blanket to slide it up the basement stairs and into my van. No problem.

When i went out to reinstall it i went alone thinking...no big deal. I didn't think about the fact that gravity wasn't working with me this time. I got it up the ladder and spent 20 minutes trying to get the bolts to land on the little hooks in the back. I was about to give up when one bolt hooked on wedging the projector in the bracket. I cant get it up/down/on/off. Its stuck. Im afraid the one bolt wont hold. At some point i just cant hold it anymore so i jump off the ladder far enough out of the way so if it falls i dont die.

It didnt fall! After a few minutes letting my shoulders recover i was able to get the projector on the other bolt and finally get it installed. I was super happy when we upgraded to a sony a few years later.

Found this online. It shows the bolts on the sides. 2 of them come out leaving 1 that sits in a sort of J hook slot. Impossible getting that damn thing in there when under it on a ladder.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse