Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Saturday December 30, 2017 at 17:53
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
Was on line with Marantz tech support today for another issue and discussed this with him.

Was discussing an issue with the PS4 pro and he suggested new cables.

His reply:

"About 95% of the calls coming in have been related to either the HDMI cable between the TV and the receiver or the HDMI cable between the 4K device and the recevier not being capable of supporting the bandwidth being pushed by the 4K device.

A Ultra or Premium High Speed HDMI cable capable of 18gbps or faster is required. A 48gbps cable (HDMI 2.1) is preferred. Your total cable length (INPUT >> RECEIVER >> TV) with passive HDMI cables should be no more than 15 feet. For cable lengths 15 feet or longer, we recommend ACTIVE HDMI cables. For longer than 25 feet, we recommend Fiber Optic HDMI cables or a Balun."

I explained that we solved the problem by changing receiver models from an AVRx4300h to an AVRx4400h. And that cables weren't the issue as we were using 18gb/s cables.

His reply:

"The reason we usually go with cables first is that similar to other data transmitting cables it's not 18gbps it's UP TO 18gbps. You don't always get the full 18gbps depending on the cable. It can vary between manufacturers and even similar cables from the same manufacturer. This is why Apple recommends 48gbps cables to use with their new 4K Apple TV."

I havn't heard anyone mentioning using a 48gb/s cable. Perhaps this info can help with ATV4k installs.

Craig
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse