The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Tuesday December 26, 2017 at 14:54
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 26, 2017 at 07:12, musictoo said...
Doesn't Yamaha have a Party mode that synchs the audio in both zones?

On December 24, 2017 at 10:55, mrtristan said...
If I have an Sonos connect being shared by the Yamaha and multi-room audio amp connected analogue, I can't get rid of the delay unless I set the amp to direct mode. This turns off surround speakers and subwoofer however.

Turning off the surround mode is not desired. That implies that turning on Party Mode is not desired.

There are are often times when I have a media room adjacent to another room with audio. I could use party mode if the room is powered by Yamaha zone 2 but this adds complications to control and automation.

...and using Party mode makes control more difficult.

Why can't Yamaha simply get rid of this delay at least with analogue connections.

Good question. I always thought the delay was a result of signal processing and I assumed it was video processing. Let's back up to the simplest input of all: do Yamahas do this with the built-in FM tuner? Do they do it with an analog audio-only (for instance, CD) input?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse