The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Thursday December 21, 2017 at 12:43
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On December 21, 2017 at 08:07, Craig Aguiar-Winter said...
How much power would you need under water? I would think VERY little.

From the site:
Specifications: • Continuous Power Handling: 135 watts • Impedance: 4 ohms • Overload Protection: Polyswitch • Frequency Respone: 20Hz to 17kHz • Electrical Connecion: 100ft. - Underwater, 16-2 Wire • Dimensions: 8” (20.3cm) Dia. x 4.5” (11.5cm) Deep • Recommended Amplification: 125 - 150 W at 4 Ohms

I just thought of something that wasn't a problem with the one pair of underwater speakers we've done, but you'd think it would be an issue: The conduit carrying the speaker wire away from the speaker will be filled with water. It's underwater going off away from the pool until you're at a place where you can bring it up above the water level. That could allow leakage and stagnation.

The conduit has to be really well sealed. Otherwise water will drain out of the pool through the parts of it below the water level.

Worse, the water in the conduit has a chance to stagnate. There's nothing to circulate that water! I suppose you could have an opening on the back side of the speaker, say, somewhere in the conduit near the speaker. You could then regularly flush the conduit from where it comes above the water level.

Chlorine or none, a volume of water that doesn't circulate or get flushed can be a problem!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse