Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Wednesday November 29, 2017 at 22:10
buzz
May 2003
On November 29, 2017 at 21:05, Fins said...
Our distinguished associate from TN had an interesting angle on this a little while ago. If women would stay home and take care of the house and kids like they are supposed to, there wouldn’t be any harassment in the workplace.

This is not the whole story. We have a lot of gay customers and I have no problem with this, but there was one rather aggressive pair where I was reluctant to turn my back on them as I worked. (The one time that I bent over to pick something up elicited a lewd remark.)

Things can get amazingly nasty out there. I have a friend who was an airline stewardess in the era when good looks was the most important character trait. She is also smart and very sweet. She had constant propositions. One fellow demanded that she spend her layover weekend with him, else he would report her. She declined and he reported her. Management backed her up, but shortly thereafter she resigned.

There are some people who are naturally touchy-feely, they mean no harm, they are not seeking sex or favors, it’s just part of their personality. This one strike and you are destroyed, no recourse mentality can be a disservice to these well meaning individuals.

That said, I have no tolerance or sympathy for the power types who serially victimized the less powerful and are finally brought down and I have no respect for those who knew what was happening and just winked.

I know women who have been abused and this has became a central focus of their life, while it was just another “score” or simply the right of the perpetrator to do this. This is what real men are allowed to do, right? A decade or more of therapy can’t fully repair the damage.

Hosting Services by ipHouse