The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday November 29, 2017 at 18:11
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
I’m going to Preface this by saying I by no means support or think it’s ok to sexually assault a woman. I also don’t want this to become something it’s not. I want to have a serious discussion about this.

My Wife texted me today and said that due to the recent allegations that her company (smallish 200 employees) are enforcing an open door policy with male employees of power (managers, CEO etc) where any female employee can no longer have a one on one private meeting with a male colleague without another woman present along with the door open. This is to not only protect the employees but also the company. She’s upset about it, she feels it’s not fair and it’s alienating women. She’s afraid it will hurt lateral growth and worries that something that should be kept between boss and employee will no longer be private.

I absolutly understand and can get behind their policy and why they are doing this. I also fully understand the position of women and how it can be a good thing or bad thing for the open door policy. I think this also is bad for women’s equality fight but that’s not for discussion here.

Again I don’t condone anything that has happened in the media. I would like to think the accusers are legit, but it’s tough to know what’s real and what’s not. Anymore it feels like your guilty until proven innocent. This being said, how do we protect ourselves and our companies from Female clients. I don’t know about you guys but 90% of the time i deal with women. All it can take is one handshake and accuasation to ruin your life. I would like to think most of the people we deal with are good honest people but people be cray!

Look at this. It’s already alienating women and making men afraid to interact with them. Funny, as I’m writing this the local news station Just said in the next segment it will have ways to protect your self at holiday parties and when to speak up! I think this discussion is warranted.

Should we all be wearing body cams?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse