The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Saturday November 25, 2017 at 10:49
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
You won't like this, but I just cannot understand how you could be afraid of starting a fire when putting in an outlet. Yes, I have electrician friends that do electrical for me, but really?

Once you have learned not to simply stuff the wires into a wire nut and hope they will stay, you are probably beyond what many general contractors do already. General contractors will often have their "guys" run the electrical around the house. I have accidentally kicked a piece of Romex in an attic and had the wiring pop out of the wire nut. This was in a gc's own house! I did him a favor and grabbed my electricians pliers and twisted it multiple times, so the twists run 2x into the insulated portion. Then the wire nut is attached, and it will never cause an issue.

I do not get the paranoia about starting a fire by putting in an electrical outlet. Are you really that inept?
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse