The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday November 19, 2017 at 08:47
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On November 18, 2017 at 22:59, tomciara said...
A normal functioning system for going on one year has been glitchy in the past couple weeks, with no changes in the system. Comcast Internet, three Eeros located around the house. Client reports connecting, getting dropped, then trying to log in again, it requires a password, and won't accept the house password.

This seems to happen on guests devices, but not the clients devices. I'm not asking you to troubleshoot the whole system, but what would cause a particular unit to get bumped and not accept a password that has previously been used to login successfully?

Is the radio still functional in the Comcast gateway? If so, they may be moving beyond its range and if its encryption key is different from what's used for the EERO, this will happen. It may also be that they connected to the EERO first and they're moving out of that range. The "easy" way to check this is to find the locations where the devices drop off and turn off the EERO, then see if the message shows up.

Since the client's devices have been connected to other SSIDs in the house, I suspect the guest devices will show this until they connect to the Comcast gateway or that gateway's radio has been disabled.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse