The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Wednesday November 15, 2017 at 17:13
Impaqt
RC Moderator
October 2002
On November 15, 2017 at 16:36, goldenzrule said...
You have NO control over your C4 interface either. If you aren't selling all RTI or Crestron, then that argument holds no water.

"Control" is not the same thing as Customizing the GUI.

While I will concede that I cannot customize the interface, I know Control4 is not going to start changing the interface every 6 months. I know that if it is changing, I will have a heads up, and I know that if a major change does occur, existing systems can absolutely stay right where they are at and not be forced to update. When OS 2.6 came out a few years ago, Even though the ap did not change dramatically, C4 still took the route of creating a new app rather than force everyone to update. I still have plenty of systems in the field happily running 2.5.3 (And earlier even) that felt zero impact when Control4 came out with new software. Heck, I just updated a system yesterday that was still running 1.7.4 with Embernet Zigbee devices and V2 Remotes.

Similar boat with Savant.. who, even though they did play musical GUI for a couple years, did not force folks to update their app. I still have a system out there running version 4 software with Logitech Squeezboxes providing audio. that hasnt been supported in years... But it still works.

Hosting Services by ipHouse