The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Friday November 3, 2017 at 17:16
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
Worked in Beverly Hills on Little Santa Monica Blvd. Across the street there's a park about 150 feet deep that runs about a half mile along the boulevard. A guy who was pretty knowledgeable about audio and video lived there. He used to come visit. After a dozen or so visits, we had to tell him we couldn't deal with the stink. He didn't come back.

California's 1994 earthquake was centered under a trailer park (wouldn't ya just know it) in Van Nuys. I did some reassembly work for a woman there who described life at the epicenter. Nobody got a shower for about two weeks. They were all okay with one another (olfactory fatigue, indeed!) but the emergency workers wouldn't come closer than about ten feet because of the smell.

I lived in an area populated by a number of people from an overseas area... same thing. I worked on and off in Saudi Arabia with expat workers who were poorly paid and lived in converted truck shipping containers. Some of them were quite aromatic!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse