The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 19 made on Thursday November 2, 2017 at 18:05
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On November 2, 2017 at 14:33, Mac Burks (39) said...
Why would a client need to ask you if you are leaving home right now? You should have already told the client what time you would arrive and that is all they need to know. Obviously you then have to actually arrive when you said you would.

That was a fake situation meant to show that a person who wants an answer right now isn't going to email. You missed the point.

I am telling you to respond with "k". That isn't a lie. It isn't even a word. It's a training technique. It will teach clients to email you.

No, that's not all you said. You said to pretend you didn't understand, to pretend that the text didn't even exist. When you pretend something, if you're an adult, you're lying. You're not telling the truth. Notice that "not telling the truth" includes not saying anything at all.

At the very least, your lack of response misrepresents reality. When Trump does that, we say he lies. I don't know why it's not lying when you recommend it.
If that doesn't work you can try frowny cards or buzzers.

Keepin' it an adult conversation, I see.

On November 1, 2017 at 14:22, Fins said...
Youve just shown your age and how out of touch you are. That said, I agree with you, a phone call is quicker.

Ah, so you agree with me. Why, then, criticize?

On November 1, 2017 at 11:28, Mac Burks (39) said...
Always! Only! Respond with "k". Never follow up. Pretend the text never existed.

When the person tries to follow up in person just look puzzled and pretend that you have no idea what they are talking about.

As I said above: in each case you are lying by not telling the truth.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse