The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Wednesday October 18, 2017 at 10:34
para19
Long Time Member
December 2012
On October 17, 2017 at 22:46, Hasbeen said...
I think what you have here are a couple of older folks who may be unfamiliar with what "streaming" actually is.

When I was installing, I'd often run across people who thought Sonos had a monthly fee.  Older folks tend to be against monthly fees.

I assume they have an iphone/tablet?

Personally, I think you're doing them a dis-service by not at least letting them test drive one for a week.  Take your pick Sonos Play 1 or Heos unit.  Stop by, connect it, show them how to use it, and let them play with it for a week.

At the end of the week, if they want to go back to the stone age, take them.

For the record, I installed exactly 2 Russound units and 2 Nuvo Grand Concerto units.  The Russound units are still working (although the only 2 sources are now sonos Connects).  The Grand Concertos both died and Nuvo no longer carried the streaming unit (MPS4).  Same customer, 2 different homes.  They  got replaced by 30 sonos connect amps.

Good call ! Dropping off a Play1 with them next week

After reading all the comments and suggestions, I think educating them may be the best route to providing them with the best system.

I think I may have been trying to yield to the wants of the client due to the size of the project and had horse blinders on.

For anyone who is fimilar with Sonance Amps & Sonos, are the Sonance digital input modules for the DSP amps a must for pairing with a Sonos Connects.

Please educate, thanks
There is always money in the banana stand...

Hosting Services by ipHouse