The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Sunday October 15, 2017 at 15:15
SpivR
Long Time Member
March 2017
On September 25, 2017 at 17:29, danieljanderson said...
What benefits come from the eero pro portal?

The new dealer management portal, not yet released, will let you control the logins and manage all the Eero you set up.

It's not free - they are talking about a $150/year charge, but to sweeten it, they give you the ability to upgrade all your clients systems to the subscription features for free.

That's the enhanced security/monitoring stuff they are charging retail $10/month per customer.

It's their way of creating margin for Pro dealers (and themselves, at retail). YMMV - No comment here on that, but the management portal, unlike other dealer programs, will not be free.

In the mean time, I still avoid using a cellphone number as the login. I always create a dummy email account (gmail or other) only to manage the client Eero network and I share the login with the end-user. (I put the "recovery contact" in gmail account as myself so I can always get back in even if the client's kid screws it all up.)

Most clients don't do a lot of fiddling and are happy with having the login even though the 2FA sign-in will arrive via email and not SMS so it is a little more annoying to authenticate.

When the management portal is finally released, I'll reconsider but this way I'm not hostage to their fees and fairly rigid "their way or the highway" (oops, I did comment anyway) view of things.

Oh, I ALWAYS use Eero in Bridge mode as a mesh AP-only solution. Their router features are worse than existing consumer products and really shouldn't be used.

Hosting Services by ipHouse