The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Friday October 13, 2017 at 09:18
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
I'd like to know when we'll reach the point where the resolution is high enough. 4K looks great, but it still doesn't look real. Stereo and all of the surround modes are just an illusion- when will we have enough channels and speakers? Has anyone here actually installed a full-blown Atmos system with the complete speaker array? I think not, but it's possible. Did it sound real? Hard to say, because it' still simulated.

I would settle for 4K if they could get it to work reliably. I have yet to hear any brand of electronics and speakers present a realistic sounding experience, but a lot of that has to do with the room and setup, but even when manufacturers are showing what they can do, it's still a weak example. Sometimes impressive-sounding from the sound quality/sonic impact, but the sound isn't able to make me forget that it's a reproduction.

If hey come up with a way to do this at a somewhat reasonable price and I think they'll have something to hang their hat on. By 'reasonable', I don't mean DIY, I mean something we can install without having that nagging question of "When will this f&ck up and how much will it cost me?".
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse