The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 39 made on Friday October 13, 2017 at 00:02
Fins
Elite Member
June 2007
This man has robbed all of us in the field of our time and money. We’ve all lost time that could not be billed for trying to solve HDMI issues. Last Friday I did replaced an old Pioneer rear projection with a 75” 4K Samsung. The B&K had to be upgraded and the component cable had to be replaced with a 30’ hdmi cable. After retroing everything, the cable that came from the Russian mafia instead of my preferred hdmi manufacturer didn’t work. The client got a new tv that didn’t work for the weekend and I got to bump customers on Monday to run a new cable for free that had to be red labeled from California because We missed shipping from Daytona.

When we went back on Monday we also swapped out a 42” Pioneer plasma in the den for a new 48” Samsung. So at least there was a little time to bill for on Monday. But, then the client called on Tuesday. The den is right next to the kitchen. In the kitchen is a 13” TV mounted under the cabinet. It’s connected via composite to the same directv receiver as the den tv. The problem is now there is an audio delay between the two TVs. I say, whoops, I should have thought about that, I’ll switch the den back to component. I get to the house and find that a 48” 8000 series Samsung now only has HDMI inputs. The client has no alternatives to using HDMI. So, I explain the only fix is to upgrade the kitchen tv, use an hdmi splitter, and a mini SDI Balun to get both tvs to have the same audio timing. I can’t bill for any of this time on Tuesday, and the client was forced to spend more money than they initially planned. All in all, just this week, we are probably out $1000 due to HDMI caused problems.
Civil War reenactment is LARPing for people with no imagination.

Hosting Services by ipHouse