The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Tuesday October 10, 2017 at 09:00
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On October 10, 2017 at 02:37, juliejacobson said...
Proud to say that my friend and grad-school classmate Eric Almgren was a key instigator, as founder of Silicon Image, the company behind HDMI. We got our MBAs at UT Austin in 1990. Super-nice guy, quiet, principled, modest, dry wit, and a masterful businessman. Of course, it would be another 5 or 6 years before I heard of HDMI. And then a few more years til I put it all together with Eric and all. It was quite a reunion when we met up at a CES around 1999.

I promised to do a story on the making of HDMI.

The next big thing from him and the gang is http://www.keyssa.com

Good for him. Now, have him go into the field and help people fix the problems he's responsible for. He should also come here and read the comments about these problems, which have cost us and our clients dearly. Designing a system of transmitting AV data that periodically makes the cabling obsolete is a terrible way to do business- the least they could have done is state a time frame for when new "improvements" would come out so we're not blind-sided by problems that we had hoped wouldn't occur. Because of the incompatibility between signal changes and cabling, I now have to drive three hours to replace a cable that had been working perfectly. I really don't enjoy hearing that I installed a system that doesn't work when they have their family or a room full of kids who want to watch movies, but have no video. It wouldn't be so bad if it was during the day, but hearing about it on a weekend evening is worse.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse