The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Monday October 9, 2017 at 19:01
Grasshopper
Long Time Member
May 2016
Thanks for the responses. Sure, I shouldn't have said water conduit...it just slipped out, maybe because they were using white schedule 40 pvc that, by it's labeling, is meant to be used for water. I'm no plumber.

I believe this is what they ran under ground. It's like Lowe's was out of the conduit they needed (we buy them out of stock on a regular basis) and so they settled for this:

[Link: lowes.com]

If you who asked about the turns, not using sweeps...if this is what you were thinking maybe they used:

I haven't seen any evidence of that. Looks like they're using these, like they should:

Also, honestly I don't know if they fiber is outdoor rated. I know it isn't direct burial for sure. I'll have to find that out...and if it isn't, bring it up with the boss man. I've learned a decent bit from the folks here about the details of wire/cable/etc. I know that if it isn't outdoor rated, it should be, because it just won't hold up over time. Boss man (owner) is a very smart guy, but it was only a few years ago that we got into (before I started with the company) doing these commercial projects. That's a detail that could have been missed. Before that it was all residential stuff.

One last thing, someone mentioned not using the same sub-contractors again. Frankly I've got no problem with that. The fact that they hadn't used a drop of pvc glue until I mentioned it to hire ups (it appears that they're using some sort of clear pvc glue now) is 100% unacceptable to me. Today, though, and another large project we're starting...they were there, doing stuff for us. It's all indoor. I'm glad that WE don't have to do it - in all honesty, we couldn't, we have so many projects lined up that we have to sub out a lot of work - but still, what I've seen makes me wary of their work. I may or may not make a case against using them in the future to boss man. Again, thanks for the responses!
Everyone should learn something new every day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse