The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Tuesday September 5, 2017 at 19:09
Mario
Loyal Member
November 2006
On September 5, 2017 at 18:46, Audiophiliac said...
I would not normally put my 2 cents into these conversations as they never really amount to anything helpful....everyone has their opinions and they are rarely changed by someone else's.

There 2 approaches to carrying a firearm. Concealed is exactly that. No one needs to or should know you are carrying until such a time that you need to unconceal it and use it for its intended purpose (i.e., killing a bad guy). Under none other circumstance should ANYONE need to know you are carrying, except if you get pulled over by a police officer. So I can see the point of the OP question....trying to keep a concealed weapon concealed. I feel it is an inherent obligation to CCW permit holders who subscribe to this approach.

The second approach is open carry where you want everyone to know you are armed. In this approach, I feel that you should respect the wishes of those for whom you work for. If someone asks you to not carry in their home, do not carry in their home. If your employer asks you not to carry at work, do not carry at work....or find a new employer. If your cousin does not like to carry at her house for the family BBQ, you can get into a fist fight over it and take her on the Dr. Phil show to hash it out. :)

Well stated.
That's exactly my approach.
Years ago, I used to open carry and I PERSONALLY felt that it was getting attention I didn't want. I'm not trying to be a Rambo.
I rather be like air marshal. Trained, proficient, equipped and invisible -- hopefully never needed.

Hosting Services by ipHouse