The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Tuesday July 11, 2017 at 18:09
Grasshopper
Long Time Member
May 2016
'meh....What worries me about this one is that it apparently happened without a prompt for Alexa. Alexa only heard the words "call the police" and that triggered it to call via the land line it was hooked up to (which is what I read). I think it's a perfectly fine feature for it to be able to call the police if needed. In this case for instance...what if the woman didn't have her phone with her, he's beatin her down she's on the ground and she just yells out ALEXA CALL THE POLICE! Her life could be saved. Another example, your phone is in the kitchen when someone breaks in to the house and you don't have access to your guns (well, you should call the police first if you can anyway) but you have an echo dot in the room you holed yourself up in, you can call the police that way.

Anyone watch the show Castle? If so, you'd remember that she saved his butt that once =P

I'm still with the people who are no fan of devices that could be used to listen in on you though. 100% I do not trust the government when it comes to most things, especially privacy. I wonder how many times I've said that. I wonder if I have an FBI file. (I've never been shy about expressing my disdain with certain politicians, people, and presidents...)
Everyone should learn something new every day.

Hosting Services by ipHouse