The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Thursday May 25, 2017 at 10:10
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On May 25, 2017 at 08:37, andrewinboulder said...
You probably already know this but you have to use the legacy version of the software:

[Link: setup.myharmony.com]

On the opening screen, click "forgot password"

As long as you can answer a couple "security questions" like the brand of the TV or the name of the person, you can then see the programming, edit it, and re-download to the remote.

I have no idea why you would need a friggen password with security questions for a damn remote.

The USB driver operation is always sketchy for me on those older models. Sometimes I have to reboot my computer and connect/reconnect a few times or try a different USB jack to get the remote to connect.

Why need a password and user name? probably because signing up requires user info that could be seen as 'sensitive' and used against the owner of the remote. In the new dealer software, they require permission from the user if the setup is being changed off-site since the setup is stored in the cloud. I asked- they told me it was privacy concerns.

WRT the USB- it can be the cable, too- I had a short cable that worked sometimes, but not others and it wasn't the original that came with the remote. I started using it because, for some reason, I couldn't find any of the extra cables I KNEW I had.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse