Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday May 19, 2017 at 11:39
SB Smarthomes
July 2007
Looked at a job yesterday with 10 zones of Bose Lifestyle speakers and the client want's to upgrade to Sonos.

All the Bose speakers are drives by Bose SA2 & SA3 amps which would be replaced with Sonos Connect Amps.

I can replace exterior and landscape speakers, but the 7 interior zones all have the little rectangle Bose speakers with two 2" drivers.  Curious to know if anyone has experience with these speakers (see photos) and most importantly if the Bose amp has some DSP that works with these little speakers.

These are very small speakers and some are placed in narrow spots between door/window frames, corners and ceiling beams which is going to make replacing them with a larger more traditional speaker impossible in some areas.

I know they aren't going to sound very good with the Connect Amps (they don't really sound very good with the Bose amps) but the client is just interested in background music with streaming capabilities.

I couldn't find any information on the speakers, but the amps are only rated down to 6 ohm, so from an impedance standpoint, the speakers should at least work with the Sonos Connect Amps.

Any chance one of you has "been there, done that"?

www.sbsmarthomes.com
Santa Barbara Smarthomes

Hosting Services by ipHouse