Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Thursday May 11, 2017 at 13:50
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
Figure some pics of the room below:

Top pic is entering the utility room and you can see that the wall with the wiring panels are right there. Second photo is further into the room, where all the electric is and facing the LV panels.

So I have thought of  a bunch of options with using a BGR 3827 Rack

A) Put a cable ladder mounted to the wall lets say between the wire duct and the Strut, I would have to come out like 40" to have 3' of clear space. The rack then would have its back facing the wire panels and the side would be in close proximity to the wall with the drain pipe.  This will give more space when you walk in the room but then when you walk in you are walking in to the side of the the cable ladder and the rear of the rack.

B) Same scenario but flipping the rack so the front is facing the LV Panels. I can also move the rack down more to have 4' of space if needed.

C)  I move the Coax Panel and put it on the wall with the waste pipe between the corner and cleanout.  I then put the rack side either up against the plywood or within a few inches.  The front of the rack would face the doorway.  I can come 40" or maybe even 48" off the waste pipe wall.  I then wouldn't need any cable ladder. The left side of the coax panel in the pic is like 48" off the waste pipe wall. The front of the rack would sit approx where the wire duct ends on the left.

D) I think about switching to a DWR rack and mount it to the wall and move the coax panel. However, that would involve doubling up the plywood and affecting the wireduct, etc.

Thoughts?

Hosting Services by ipHouse