The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Wednesday May 10, 2017 at 14:39
imt
Long Time Member
June 2007
On a current project I am contemplating using either a BGR rack on casters or possibly making it fixed. The wire would come out high on the wall, so if on casters I can just bring the wire down and back up. The basement floor has a slight slope, which is what was also making me think fixed, but guess I could use leveling feet.
If on casters I can turn the rack to face the doorway into the room. This is something that can't be done if fixed due to space. You would walk in and the left side of the rack would be facing the door.

If I went fixed, the rack would be a 38U and 27" deep. I have never worked with cable ladder before. I see if comes in 6' minimum sections. Do I need to keep the rack face like 6' away or can the ladder be cut down? What is ample room between the back wall/wire panel and the back of the rack, for servicing, etc? The doorway is facing this area (between wall and back of rack). The rack height is 70 5/8" do I set the ladder to rest and directly anchor on the top of the rack or am I better off using the cable ladder elevation kit to raise the height more?

Hosting Services by ipHouse