Original thread:
Post 48 made on Sunday May 7, 2017 at 12:22
Archibald "Harry" Tuttle
Advanced Member
May 2009
On May 5, 2017 at 18:11, Zohan said...
Once you do it you'll know why.
Do what works best for you.
I do a loop ad I leave plenty of it. I'm not looking to pinch pennies, not looking to run 14/4 and then 14/2 to second speaker. That's another box of wire I'd need to carry in and out.
I leave a large loop so I'm not working looking up straining my neck speaker after speaker, working with my hands up in a hole. I can work on top of ladder with speaker if large loop.
Easy, fast.
I'm by myself so I need to be efficient. I also learned a way to beat the wire direction when I didn't run the wiring myself because, simply, it seems it's too freaking hard for a lot of bozos to mark a wire properly.

At first speaker loop, cut wire fully, strip both sides of red/black and twist reds together and insert to speaker, do the same for blacks, now there's no directional issue. Then terminate the second speaker.

Now I know for sure when I fire the system up I'm not dragging out the ladder again to remove and rewire any speakers.
Done. Move on.

Pro style.
I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's AV trouble, a man alone.

Hosting Services by ipHouse