The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 9 made on Friday May 5, 2017 at 12:41
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On May 5, 2017 at 10:28, kgossen said...
Yet you use EZ connectors that every single manufacturer we deal with says NOT to use. Great advice as usual Ernie.

You motivated me to search for that advice. I found only one thing, a pdf from Atlona, which my virus protection didn't want me to open. Can you find three notices from manufacturers telling us not to use EZ RJ45s? I totally agree that we have been warned not to use EZ RJ45s with HDMI, which is one of the first statements in this RC thread: [Link: remotecentral.com]

You'll see there's no single issue about EZ RJ45s and no general agreement that there are problems with them except for with the guys who are trying to avoid buying the EZ crimper. Installers are jamming CAT6 into CAT5 connectors... can it be that the problem is not the EZ RJ45?

I spoke with Platinum engineers several years ago, who pointed out that if the blade is dull, there will be problems. Also, early crimpers didn't cut the brown wire as well as the other wires.

The RJ45s I've got in the field are only up to about ten years old, and are in dozens, not hundreds or thousands, but there have been zero failures.

YMMV, of course.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse