The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Saturday April 29, 2017 at 11:51
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On April 29, 2017 at 10:00, audvid said...
But there is so much of unnecessary comments from you and other guy, which waste your time and offer no technical value.

I asked about the "more power" question - because my current "blaster LED" is working at 7 ft and not at 20 ft.. Considering that most remotes work just fine at 20 ft, I was hoping i would get a technical suggestion about getting a new blaster or using my existing LED blaster for 20 ft blast.

If that's what you were hoping for, why didn't you state your reason for asking about more power? I think the way you wrote this failed you because you were not direct.

"It sounds like your whole problem you are trying to get past is a very old (or cheap) LCD TV. That is using a CFL backlight. ". This is a valid and accurate comment.

But Brad had to guess that's what was going on. In doing so, he made a possibly unnecessary comment. You should be a little more accepting of statements that you think might be unnecessary. After all, I didn't make the unnecessary statement that you should not use IR system items that work at different voltages. To me it's TOTALLY unnecessary to say, but Brad said it and he was right.

Take the help that's given and consider how much we're charging!

DL95 is NOT a LOT MORE expensive. It was only $20 more. In hind sight, I should have bought that instead but I did not realize it was far superior. I guess I might have to buy that now.. Now that I have had to discard 490-10 and dl85, I am a bit leery about buying and discarding another (DL95). Also, on Xantech site, dl95 is listed as lcd proof and dl85 is listed as cfl/plasma proof. cfl TV - dl85..

Yeah, it IS helpful to ask before you buy, but maybe you hadn't found us early on.

I use URC 780 because I happen to like it - again, it is just a personal preference - I prefer tractile Vs touch screen - and I prefer to program with CCP because I am some what familiar with it but not an expert at it. Others on this forum have given me help on CCP. In fact, I like it so much that I use two of the 780s and got a 3rd one as spare. I realize they have RF capability but that never really worked well enough for me

In addition to recommending an RF system, we could help you set it up so that it works. You're using a URC remote that works well with an RF system -- but not with all URC RF systems, as at least one is a complete turkey.
- it is a discussion I prefer to not get into, at this time. Also, I do prefer to use original remotes some times, in my theatre room, for set up etc. So, I need IR receivers.. but Again, this is distracting/deviating from my original questions.

I provide URC remotes for customers and I don't put the adjustment buttons onto the daily use remote. But all they have to do is open a cabinet door to use the original remotes for adjustments; there's no need for an IR system.

At this point, I don't wish to waste anyone's time and as the originator, I am going to consider this thread closed for my purpose and am going to unsubscribe/exit from it.

If you should happen to look at this, though, take a moment and hit the "Quote" button as though you were going to respond. You'll see how quoting is done -- not with quotation marks, but with the "pipe" character -- what you get when you hold the Shift button and hit the backslash key.

Thanks for visiting, at least.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse