Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Friday April 28, 2017 at 09:20
audvid
Founding Member
August 2001
I am clarifying my prior question:
When I mean old IR receivers - I don't have all the model numbers but these are all xantech - the J box type and the peep hole type (the brass tube kind) but they are not lcd/cfl proof.

The main problem I am having is - I now have an lcd tv in one room and the old ir receiver in that room no longer works. I am trying to work around that. i bought two new LCD proof ir receivers, for that room:

1. Xantech 49010d Designer Micro Link(tm) Infrared Receiver is not working properly. I have to HOLD the button for a sec or two for it to react. Just a tap on the remote would work fine with older IR receivers but not with this unit.

2. DL85k is not working reliably. It works 80% (maybe only 60%?) of the time. Frequently, the DL85K does react with the feed back light but the tv channel does not change. I swap back to the old IR receiver and every thing works 100% of the time - with instant exectution.

Only the newer xantech lcd proof models seem to be giving trouble. I can't be alone with this problem. I am wondering if other forum membes have found a great lcd proof IR receiver, which works 100% of the time and without needing press and hold of remote button.

Suggestions please?
Thank you.

Last edited by audvid on April 28, 2017 12:09.

Hosting Services by ipHouse