Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday April 27, 2017 at 10:14
audvid
Founding Member
August 2001
Couple of questions.
I have Xantech 791-44 and 789-44
and multiple IR recievers such has xantech dl85k and two more in various rooms.

1. Can I connect the IR out of the 791 to the IR input (not via the IR in 3.5 but by connecting -screwing the wires in to the two wires marked ground and IR in on the black wiring block)? I will connect power separately or should I use the same 12 volts, so that they both have same ground? I have a large 12 volts and can use same 12 volt source for both.

2. Is there a good IR blaster, that I can blast IR to the entire equipment rack?

3. I do have an IR LED blasting right now but it is not powerful enough. Should I connect the output of all four 3.5 mm output jacks to one IR LED?

4. Xantech 49010d Designer Micro Link(tm) Infrared Receiver is not working properly. I have to HOLD the button for a sec or two for it to react. I bought several non xantech cheap IR receivers from amazon, such as this (link)and a monoprice. None of these work. Only Xantech brand seems to be working. Even the dl85k is not working reliably. It works 80% of the time, but some times, it reacts with the feed back light but the tv channel does not change. I had older Xantech receivers, which worked very well. Only the newer xantech lcd proof models seem to be giving trouble. Suggestions please?

Thank you.

Hosting Services by ipHouse