Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 21 made on Wednesday April 19, 2017 at 08:47
davet2020
February 2005
On April 18, 2017 at 12:54, Audiophiliac said...
I get into these kinds of discussions with clients all the time.

Everyone wants more for less. The content has to be paid for or there will be no content. Does no one understand that concept? You will pay for it one way or another.

By the time you pay Netflix, Hulu, Sling, HBO Go, Amazon Prime, etc., you are paying as much or more than your cable or satellite bill was before you "cut the cord".

Watch the price increases on the streaming services go up as more and more people choose them over satellite or cable service. Not to mention ISP rates, bandwidth requirements, data usage, etc.

There is just no way most people will be able to watch all of the shows they watch now on satellite/cable for any less $$. There is always those couple of shows that you can only get on one service. So you have to subscribe to that one service for that one show. Then there is another. Then another. Then at least with Sling, you pay for the next package up, and you lose some channels....unless you go 2 packages up, or add-on this or that.

We were a DirecTV dealer since DirecTV started. When DirecTV cancelled our dealership because we did not activate enough new customers I cancelled my home DirecTV service. I went from paying $120 a month to an over the air anttenna with lifetime Tivo Roamio($199 on Black Friday). I also had before Netflix and Amazon. I added Hulu. I went from $120 a month to less than $20 a month.

Do I see every channel that I had before? No, but now I watch less TV and get more done around the house. When I want to watch some TV to relax I have no problem with finding something on the Tivo that I like.

This year I will save over a thousand dollars which is great. I would never go back to paying for cable or satellite.

And also, when I want to figure out what is on the antenna at night I go to the TV Guide app and see all the channel listings in my area.
If you are going to do the job...why not do it the right way?
www.fairfaxavi.com

Hosting Services by ipHouse