The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Wednesday April 12, 2017 at 12:11
Brad Humphrey
February 2004
On April 12, 2017 at 09:42, cma said...
I have always read that Motorolas have the best antennas and I can vouch that out here in Colorado I can make calls in places that most other people can't.

Alas the limited onboard memory and the increasing size of the OS over the years has turned the old Razr into a boat anchor so I'm looking into the Motorola Z Turbo 2.

I've had the same experience as well. Some of my customers are well off the beaten path and mobile reception is an issue for some of them. Another reason I've got to install quite a few cell repeater systems. In most of those cases, they would have no signal (or not enough to make a call) and I would with my Droid. Ask what carrier they use: "Verizon", ah me too.

cma, I would mention one problem I've seen with the new one. I've only had my new Moto Z Play for a little over a week. But I was driving down a remote stretch of highway (where my Droid Mini always worked fine) and the Z Play dropped a call. And it took several miles before I had enough signal to make a call again. Never had that happen before with my other Droid or my GF's Droid MAXX.
Hopefully it is not a sign of them cheapening the phone. Thinking with such coverage these days, they didn't need to use their best transceivers anymore.

Hosting Services by ipHouse