The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 26 made on Saturday April 8, 2017 at 02:37
Mac Burks (39)
Elite Member
May 2007
On April 8, 2017 at 01:13, dunnersfella said...
I stay in a lot of hotel / motels in my job and whenever you look at the free WiFi (do you feel lucky, punk?) it's 70% iPhones / tablets and the remainder are Samsung's. I remember seeing at least 2 Windows phones over the years...
Maybe if I was staying in youth hostels it may be different? Either way, 'in the real world' the numbers of Android phones actually being used (and not just shipped to retailers to sit on the shelf) is far smaller than the above stat shows.

The numbers count every android phone. A real/useful list would be to wrangle up a short list of the top end android phones. I read an article that said the pixel was projected to sell 3 million devices last year. iPhone 6 sold 10 million in its first weekend. Remember the Note7? I read an article where Samsung claimed they sold 2.5 million worldwide by the time they recalled them.

Obviously if you count all the cricket/boost android phones and the pay as you go's and the "free" phones from other providers...yeah...android probably dominates the market. But if you just count the phones that people actually want then Apple beats them hands down.
Avid Stamp Collector - I really love 39 Cent Stamps

Hosting Services by ipHouse