The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday April 6, 2017 at 16:25
SMcKinstall
Long Time Member
January 2007
I've never seen this type of issue before, but I thought I'd throw this out. Have a custy with a Samsung TV in their Living Room. It's connected to cable (via HDMI) and that's it. The only two source custy watches is cable TV and netflix (thru SmartHub). She claims that every day (at least once a day), she'll enter the smart hub, scroll over to Netflix (which brings up her name (and a smiley emoji) above the row of icons along the bottom of the TV, navigates up to her name, and presses select. From there, she gets a black screen. This (apparently) has happened Sun-today. I drove up to check it out. When I got there, it indeed did what she described. I asked to "take over" and shut everything down (we programmed an MX-780), then tried again. But THIS time, I selected the Netflix icon. Up came her smiley emoji (along with guest and kids). I selected her name, and get got the Netflix menu. I then exited out, and tried again. But this time navigated up to her name (just like she had done), and it worked there too.

I checked firmware (up to date), and I don't know what else to check. I told her to continue to do what she does (SmartHub, over to Netflix, up to her name, select). BUT... if it happens again, do it the way I did (SmartHub, over to Netflix, select, choose her name, select). If THAT doesn't work, scroll over to YouTube, and try to get in there. If THAT doesn't work, call me. I plan on calling her on Sat to check up, and possibly have an answer I got here from the pros.

Ideas?

Hosting Services by ipHouse