The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Sunday March 26, 2017 at 13:46
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 25, 2017 at 13:25, Craig Aguiar-Winter said...
As far as the stupidly of the human race and my awareness of it, well I'm 39 now and there was all kinds of stuff that happened early in my life, but before 9-11 I was a lot younger, unaware, self absorbed, and cared more about my car stereo than I did about conflict in the world. That event happened to be big enough, close enough to home, and at a time in my life where I began to care about things outside of my own interest, that it became the event that left a mark and woke me up. I feel like ever since then it's been terror terror terror!

The speed of communication has increased and unfortunately, so has the speed of bullcrap reporting and sensationalism and that's a bad combination unless it's by design, to make sure people are kept in a state of being overwhelmed by the sheer volume of it. Add the decline of the educational system and end of teaching trades in high schools and the formula is complete- more people are stupid AND useless. With fewer people earning a decent living, they don't care as much about many of the things that were popular in the past, like making sure their kids did something other than watch TV or be glued to a computer/video game/tablet/phone, which adds helpless to the mix.

If the grid or internet fails, we're going to have a lot of panicked, bewildered people stumbling outside, wondering not only what happened, but also, wondering what they should or can do.

You missed out on the '60s- the duck & cover drills we did in grade school were a blast, especially the first time they sprung it on us at the tender age of 5 or 6. I don't remember a lot about The Bay Of Pigs when it happened, but my parents were very worried and then, Kennedy was assassinated. I was in 3rd grade for that one and a couple of years later, MLK was gunned down and we had lots of rioting. As if that wasn't enough, the Vietnam War was on TV daily after a while, so we had all kinds of good stuff to watch on our 4 or 5 channels.

The vast majority of terrorist attacks have been carried out by one group since about 1975 but most of teh problems we have could have been prevented if government leaders didn't have their heads up their asses.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse