Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Saturday March 25, 2017 at 13:25
Craig Aguiar-Winter
September 2002
On March 25, 2017 at 11:22, highfigh said...
OK, so he wasn't from outside- IIRC, he had contact with people on the outside, who were radical. Several who carried out terrorist attacks are known to have been radicalized by web sites for terrorist groups- why is it inconceivable that this guy might have done the same?

McVeigh was PO'd because of Ruby Ridge- that's not a religious jihad. The Unibomber was PO'd and his efforts had nothing to do with it.

WRT the Ottowa shooter, according to Wiki, "The attacker, Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, was a 32-year-old Canadian habitual offender and drug addict from Montreal. Considered by several acquaintances to have mental issues, he had been observed by acquaintances and mosque staff exhibiting erratic behaviour. Zehaf-Bibeau, who had a Libyan-Canadian father, had converted to Islam in 2004 and visited Libya. At the time of the shooting, Zehaf-Bibeau planned to leave Canada for the Middle East, living in a homeless shelter in Ottawa while waiting for the processing of his Canadian passport application."

Sounds like he was Muslim and became radicalized, but he had other issues, before.

I don't know how old you are, but if 9-11 was the first event that has forever tattooed your location into your head, congratulations for living a life that has been left unstained by the stupidity of the human race.

My point was that there have been plenty of "Terrorist" attacks, perpetrated by groups or people other than Muslims, and many from with in the borders of our own countries, and therefor locking the doors so to speak only deals with part of the problem. The threat from with in is just as dangerous in my opinion. As you pointed out, people get a hate on for any number of reasons, in addition to religion.

As far as the stupidly of the human race and my awareness of it, well I'm 39 now and there was all kinds of stuff that happened early in my life, but before 9-11 I was a lot younger, unaware, self absorbed, and cared more about my car stereo than I did about conflict in the world. That event happened to be big enough, close enough to home, and at a time in my life where I began to care about things outside of my own interest, that it became the event that left a mark and woke me up. I feel like ever since then it's been terror terror terror!
My wife says I can't do sarcasm. She says I just sound like an a$$hole.

Hosting Services by ipHouse