The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 10 made on Friday March 17, 2017 at 12:06
King of typos
Loyal Member
June 2002
On March 17, 2017 at 09:58, Ranger Home said...
King, I HATE those! SO many electricians use them and they look SO freaking cheap! Build a million dollar home and you see a bank of switches that look all wobbly warped. Crazy. I would not accept that in my house for sure. Then again, thats what screwless faceplates are for lol.

Well I was working for an electrician when I worked with them. And they were being installed in $250K plus condos. We also happened to work on the GC's personal home. As you can imagine he makes a hefty check, and his wife works in the operating room at a hospital. So she makes over $250 as well. The house is on a private road and it's over a million.

Guess what... we installed the designer plates, where it has a screw on top and another on the bottom. And of course, the warpy plates. But, it was amazing seeing the crappy craftsmanship through out the house. The support beams for the stair case railing? They were all crooked in each of their own way. They purchased wood flooring that was supposedly $30 a piece. But they were 99% particle board with the top part to look like wood. Drop something on it, and it's chipped.

KOT

Hosting Services by ipHouse