The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Sunday March 12, 2017 at 10:59
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I LOVE Triad speakers and have loved them for years. I've not been in a position to use them until recently, and then only for one system, though.

This might be a bad moment to be asking the question, however, since the owner just sold the company to Control4.

It's impossible to tell if the new owners will support the brand as well as the guy who started the company and put his life into it. I think we've all seen this kind of ownership transferral result in a lowering of quality.

One thing to think about, though, is that we had reports here of all the Control4 and Triad reps being fired within days of the sale. A lot of people use the word "disruptive" when they mean "new and different." This kind of change looks like it cannot help but be "disruptive" in the old sense, that is, destructive to established ways of doing things, with resulting uncertainty about what's to be.

Who wants to buy product from a company that has just made such drastic changes and who has no track record AT ALL with understanding how to efficiently serve their client base with some new way of doing things? I say give it a year. Sorry, Triad.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse