The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 4 made on Sunday March 12, 2017 at 09:37
BobL
Founding Member
March 2002
We dropped Triad several years ago due to being shopped and some equipment failures. They have a huge following on AVS and AVS sells them sometimes heavily discounted. Since we do mostly projector systems we deal with a lot of enthusiasts. We had a number of drivers needed to be replaced and a sub amp.

I will say I like their performance and all their speakers but their in ceiling rounds all have enclosures. Although, we had a few problems their service was excellent and that goes a long way in my book. We did speak to them about being shopped but it didn't change anything. I think AVS probably does a fair amount of Triad and are unlikely to cut them off as a dealer.

If you don't deal with enthusiasts this probably won't be an issue. When we dropped Triad we picked up Paradigm. We looked at Sonance but at the time didn't have as many options and didn't have models with enclosures like their current Home Theater/ Cinema line. To me currently that would make Triad a bit of a lateral move for most applications. If you are doing more high end like the Triad Platinum and Cinema Reference series than it might be a worth while switch. Currently we use Genelec for higher end installs for situations Paradigm doesn't cover.

Hosting Services by ipHouse