The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 22 made on Saturday March 11, 2017 at 17:53
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On March 11, 2017 at 16:18, Don Heany said...
Probably more prolific in my stance on modern construction is that pretty much every house I work on (post 1950) is barely built to survive the term of a mortgage. There was a period (late 90's) that a lot of new construction projects actually had FOAM friggin' exterior walls! Grateful that that seemed to be a short lived trend.

I worked on a condo that was being remodeled and needed to feed speaker wires for the patio. I pressed the tip of the drill bit into the siding, squeezed the trigger, it went through the vinyl and when it passed through the rest of almost nothing, I almost fell into the side. I went to the other side of the wall, part of which had been stripped on the inside, and saw drywall, vapor barrier, fiberglass, pink foam and outside of the pink foam was the siding. My first thought was W.T.F. is this crap?

If it had Tyvek, I didn't see any. They slammed this crap up, but must have paid the inspectors to look the other way.

The next house will be new, or a gut job. I'm tired of finding crap wrapped in shit.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse