Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 3 made on Thursday March 9, 2017 at 14:37
3PedalMINI
Loyal Member
July 2009
+1

as long as it looks nice for the 20 minutes someone walks through and the issues are addressed for inspection they are not there to have the house stand for centuries. Its a money making venture plain and simple.

Honestly if i were to get into flipping homes I would do the same thing, you have to. I wouldn't put the future owner into a known dangerous situation but I would certainly not spend days leveling a floor or putting down tile underlayment so the tiles wouldn't crack. as long as it looks good for the time being thats all that counts. its why you see so many people loosing their shirts on flips. :/

its sad but true. when I was looking for homes I purposely weeded out the "flips" because I know, sadly 95% of the general public does not know. I think we have all been on jobs too where we have seen contractors cut corners or cheap out, even in multi-million dollar homes.

Of course I got the opposite problem. Previous owner that I purchased my house from was a "handyman" lived in the house all of his life, so like most "professionals" he had" leaky pipes" and "faulty lights" The shoe makers kids go barefoot! :P
The Bitterness of Poor Quality is Remembered Long after the Sweetness of Price is Forgotten! - Benjamin Franklin

Hosting Services by ipHouse