The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Friday February 24, 2017 at 13:34
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I have seen many TVs that have power or signal connections horizontally in line with the VESA screw holes. This means that if the parts of the mount that go on the TV are horizontal, there's a good chance the mount will have to be cut down just to make necessary connections.

I have never seen a TV that has an electrical or signal connection vertically in line with the VESA screw holes. A mount whose vertical pieces mount on the TV will never block connections.

We have been moving some of a client's TVs from one house to another. Yesterday we took a 65" down from its Sanus VLF525 and attempted to mount a Samsung UN75ES9000 to the Sanus. Yes, it's old, from 2012.

In short:
Mount's lower horizontal arm blocked power connection.
Instead of just cutting the arm, we slid the mount over one hole.
Hung TV.
TV sagged on one side since it was not hung from the center. Understandable.
We found another problem: Two puny #10ish size screws could not be tightened enough to hold the TV; even if we could get it level, the TV would probably go out of level any time the client pulled the TV out.

Basically we have a mount that has to be cut to fit; it can't be tightened to stay level; its major feature, then, "Full Motion," can't be used without having to level the TV EVERY TIME it's moved.

What a pretty, good-looking, worthless mount!

We took it off the wall and used the Chief mount the TV had been on before. (I don't have that model number.) That held the TV against the wall and all was good.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse