The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Wednesday February 22, 2017 at 09:59
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On February 20, 2017 at 12:49, Ernie Gilman said...
The installation is old and the client doesn't want to make the needed upgrades. A long long time ago she had me install a cable that would allow her to play videos from the S-video and analog audio out of her video camera.

The cabinet is too small and removing the receiver to add another input cable is a 90 minute process. That also doesn't fit in the budget.

Okay, smartass, which of the following is the Roku publication, available for download without having to register with another unrelated company?
*The first response, which is the manual for the Roku Ultra? Is that the same model? If your lmgtfy is so wonderful, why is the first response a manual for a different model?
*The third party user's guide that you buy from amazon?
*The Roku 4 (Model 4400) - Setup Instructions, which tells you how to plug it in?
*How about the reddit question from ONE YEAR AGO where the first answer is the useless guide just mentioned? The second response is "Keep searching, you'll find it (at least the preview rev of it), colors will be wrong. However it's pretty much a one pager pictorial of what do do." If you read that entire (but small) subreddit, you'll see that one of the redditors there is an official Roku person who did not deign to supply a URL for the manual.
*The next one is from pdf-manuals.com. No thank you.
*The next suggestion is at Tom's Guide. There's no mention of audio in the article.

So, sure, google that for me, but I had already done that and, like today, did not find what I needed.

If you haven't gone to the Roku site by now, you haven't taken the time to learn to set these up. While it's now always great, they have a live chat and it's pretty easy to find answers to simple questions. I would bet that you spent more time here than it would take to get the info from the ROKU site.

Sorry I couldn't tell you what you wanted to see. I'll try harder to cater to your lack of creativity in searching for answers. Bow & scrape, bow & scrape, grovel, grovel, grovel.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse