The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 25 made on Sunday February 5, 2017 at 16:43
goldenzrule
Loyal Member
July 2007
On February 5, 2017 at 16:04, tweeterguy said...
If you only had one bad remote, what did they do that was piss poor?

Well that one remote was brand new out of the box. They would not replace it because they had no replacements. Geniuses discontinued the remote before there was a replacement available, and did not hold any stock to replace bad remotes. DUMB. They said it was a firmware issue, and would NOT give me the firmware to load. I had to send the remote to them on my dime (brand new remote mind you, right out of the box), with a 2 week turnaround and now a brand new client with no remote to control the nice shiny new system we just installed.

Beyond that, had multiple jobs with firmware issues in which their own tech support could not fix the issues, did not offer firmware and left us hanging out to dry. From the RTI forums, I determined there were firmware updates that tech support DID have available to send. Called in and still was told there is no firmware. Was able to get it from one of the forum members in the end. Had many hours in to trouble shooting issues, many calls to tech support, and they could not help, when all we needed was the firmware that they had available to them, which we specifically asked for BY FIRMWARE NUMBER. Screw them.

Hosting Services by ipHouse