The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 68 made on Sunday January 29, 2017 at 11:59
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On January 29, 2017 at 10:58, goldenzrule said...
I'll do my best. My guess is you are using MX780s only, or perhaps older remotes such as MX900s. Ernie just found out there are remotes other than the MX850, so I am sure he is using the 780 only, because any of the more advanced remotes (890, 980, 1200, haven't used a 990 yet) will show me the model number I programmed in. The MX780 is the only one that does not. It does give you the codeset number as mentioned, which is all that is really needed anyway.

My go-to is now the MX990.

Your comment about the MX850 is misdirected for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, you make yourself look petty, not being able to let go of petty personal irritations; for some reason you're irritated that I can't or won't force my more budget-oriented clients to buy new remotes when they have perfectly good working MX850s. Second, the 850 is by far the best-working remote of any brand that I've ever run into; you also seem irritated by the bare fact that they still exist!

When you say you're sure I'm using the 780 only, you show you're poor at guessing, even more poor because you're sure of your wrong guess. Yes, I've done some 780s, but maybe only one or two.

How about this: we drop the petty irritation with the way other people do business, we stop guessing what others do, and we just stick with the technical issues?
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse