Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11,048 made on Thursday January 26, 2017 at 10:04
cma
August 2003
On January 25, 2017 at 18:36, SB Smarthomes said...
It's my birthday and I had to spend the morning troubleshooting this messy take-over job!

That brings back nightmares from back when I used to do contract AMX programming.. I was hired to program an AMX system in a home in Desert Mountain Arizona North of Scottsdale. When I arrived on scene to begin programming and testing the guys on site had only just begun to actually hook anything up and were actually watching SNL skits on youtube on their laptop in the rack room.

The pair of techs for the installation company produced a work of art that would make that rack look immaculate. Every 20-30 minutes they would come running to me wondering what I changed or "broke" in the programming because now the Master Bedroom TV doesn't work.. or now the Dining Room speakers don't work.. and so on and so on.. All the while none of it was ever programming. Every time they would reach into the rack to plug something else in their arm would snag something or else just the shear weight of unsupported or tied down wires would pull something else out.

That company had zero business selling these systems yet they were one of the biggest high end producers in the area at the time.. Sad.

Hosting Services by ipHouse