The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 52 made on Tuesday January 24, 2017 at 21:02
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On January 24, 2017 at 10:59, H0bb1tM1ndTr1x said...
I'm not having any issues using their codes with my AVR. The codes haven't changed in years.

What codes have been removed? Are you simply complaining over soundfields or something that doesn't pertain to basic operation of the AVR? Because that's on you. You can't expect them to hand you everything in a nice little package. You're being paid to work, so work.

Of course they are absolutely useless if all you're interested in doing is complaining. What steps have you taken to solve this on your own? Have you tested another unit? If your issue was affecting others there would be more mention of this. If my boss saw me spending time on a forum complaining, rather than solving the problem, I wouldn't have a job.

I don't give a rat's ass about the sound fields and if you re-read my comments, you'll see that a lot of the input commands weren't correct. It's probably best if you don't place blame when you didn't read the actual complaints. You could also look at the time of my posts- if they're after 8AM and before 5PM, it's because I'm still doing things that aren't at a job site, so it's on whatever free time I get. You get to work 40-ish hours, those of us who work for ourselves don't have that luxury.

How much time should I spend trying to fix a problem that isn't of my making? I don't stock equipment and all of my suppliers are diagonally across town, making most purchases a bit of a PITA unless I have to pick up a good amount of equipment.

I work for myself- that's why I don't have time to waste on crap like this.

The tech at URC called and said that my macro did the same thing with another remote, so he created another macro using EXACTLY the same sequence I posted in the screen shot. The problem stopped and when I downloaded it it worked on this remote, too. I had done the same before I sent the file to him.

If you can pull a cause for this BS out of your ass, I'll buy you a drink.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse