The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Monday January 23, 2017 at 13:33
therockhr
Long Time Member
February 2015
On January 21, 2017 at 03:11, Mac Burks (39) said...
My response isn't about being in a 1%'ers home. Its a response to this specific thread/application and someone elses comment on Caseta. You want the Toyota Yaris pricing with the BMW Appearance option. Therockhr wants the Toyota Yaris pricing with an MSport upgrade option.

I never said anything about paying less for those subset of Ra2 devices that would work with the Smart Bridge Pro. For instance if someone had a Caseta system with about 20-30 devices and decided they wanted to add a couple of keypads and several fan controls. They call up their local rep and ask how they can do that. At this time the rep would have to rip and replace everything and put in a Ra2 system. That person with Caseta is not going to want to lose that investment they already have in Caseta and also doesnt want to pay for a full blown Ra2 system. Wouldn't the rep rather sell them a couple of $150-$300 keypad dimmers, several $150-$200 fan controls and maybe a motion sensor? Seems like easy money to me.

I'm not saying every Ra2 device would be compatible with Smart Bridge Pro but a subset of those devices only available through local distributors seems like a win for everyone.

Hosting Services by ipHouse