The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Saturday January 21, 2017 at 10:51
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
OK, here's what has happened since I started this thread- I received an e-mail from Hank Eisengrein at URC after he read this and he forwarded the issue URC HQ and to the sales engineer (who also does the URC training) and I spoke with him on Thursday and yesterday afternoon. I e-mailed the file and they tested it on two different Yamaha AVRs- not the same model, but since they haven't changed the codes in years,....

They couldn't replicate the problems. the first things I did after un-boxing was 1) Hard Reset and 2) firmware update.

This is what I was seeing-

AM = displays RemID mismatch
Aux = goes to Phono
Net = goes to V. Aux
USB = goes to Pandora
HDMI 5 = do nothing
HDMI 6 = does nothing
HDMI 7 = goes to Tuner
Straight = Party mode on/off
Phono = view OSD

I don't care about a discrete for AM and FM- I can use the Band command.

The other problem, which is more important since I can teach the commands to the editor (but I REALLY shouldn't have to do this) is that I create my macros and the commands don't work- if the input won't switch, I'm not going to spend the rest of my life making this work.

After taking with Brett yesterday, I guess I need to look at three things as the cause- my computer or the CCP editor, the remote or the AVR. I'll be taking the remote and AVR to the distributor when I go to MX Home Pro training.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse